Aligarh City Travel Tips
- Firstly be aware of the pick pockets in the region, as they are mostly active in their peak season i.e. Entrance tests' season. Be alert mostly at the Bus Stand & Railway Station. Take care of your ward & female member at such places.
- Price hike is common among the Autos & Rickshaw pullers on Entrance Days (specially for new 'goats'). Be prepared to tackle them. They usually hike the charges by 200-400% of the common charge, and they'll just stick to it.
- The Standard Charges for Rickshaw from Bus Stand & Railway Station to University and vice-versa are around 10-20 rs. Try to imitate as a person belonging to and known to Aligarh, may be you'll convince them at better rates.
- On return journey if you ask for Rickshaw to Bus Stand they'll ask for very higher rates (reason being a flyover close to Bus Stand, which they have to cross). Say them to drop you near flyover, then cross it on foot via Foot Overbridge (near Dargah Shareef), and walk to Bus Stand, it's within a walking distance), you'll save cost.
- Keep Water Bottles and Snacks ready for you, and better have a 'Home-packed' meal, it's better because every other place is overfull & costly on that day.
- For good & affordable food, head towards the University Canteen (Near Deptt. of Mathematics), but don't be shocked to see a huge crowd. The food there is good & healthy & at affordable prices. *Remember, the Old Canteen has been abandoned know, it's the new one.
Lodging & Hotels at AMU
Kindly Comment below for any query.